This is THE BEST grab and go breakfast to bring to work. I have been slacking lately, but for a while, this was my Sunday go-to. I would make this quiche every Sunday and cut it into 5 slices, one for every day of the week.
I’ve discovered that I feel better when I start my day with egg, rather than grains (even though I LOVE oatmeal). I am less tired, more productive, and my mind feels clearer.
I am the type of person who doesn’t have a huge appetite when I wake up. I typically drink a glass of water in the morning and then wait to eat my breakfast at work, after my morning commute.
I love how pretty this quiche turns out–I am always a fan of colorful food. Plus if you squint your eyes enough, you can almost convince yourself you are eating a pizza 😉 …s/o to my pizza-eating past life. I LOVE PIZZA.
One day, I am going to host a huge brunch party, with this quiche as the main dish. It is savory and filling, but also has your greens and veggies to start a productive day…
Friendly Diets: gluten free, dairy free, paleo
** fits in 9 inch circular pan
Prep Time: 15 minutes / Bake Time: 35 minutes / Total time: 50 minutes
- 1 pound ground turkey
- ¼ medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 3 cups spinach
- ⅓ medium zucchini
- 6 eggs
- 6 grape tomatoes
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp of crushed red pepper
- 1 tbsp of cooking oil (olive or coconut)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place 1 pound ground turkey in skillet with cooking oil. Add in salt and pepper. Cook on low to medium heat until lightly brown (about 10 minutes)
- While the ground turkey is cooking, finely chop onion
- Once the ground turkey is mostly done, add the onion for 2 – 3 minutes. Set ground turkey and onion mixture to the side in a mixing bowl.
- Using the same skillet, place 3 cups fresh spinach on low heat, cover for 3 minutes
- Once your spinach is cooked down (about 3 minutes), add to your mixing bowl. Use a spatula to combine
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk eggs for no more than 20 seconds
- Line 9 inch circular pan with cooking oil, pour ground turkey mixture into pan.
- Slowly pour whisked eggs atop ground turkey mixture, until all crevices are filled with egg. Do this slowly.
- Cut your zucchini into thin circular slices (about 1 – 2 cm), arrange on top of quiche
- Cut grape tomatoes in half, arrange on top of quiche
- Top your quiche with a dash of pepper and crushed red pepper
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until egg is cooked through